11 Compelling Reasons to List During the Holidays
1. People who look for a home during the Holidays are more serious buyers.
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays ... less competition means more money for you!
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home... Less demand means less money.
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays.
5. Often buyers are more emotional when shopping for a home during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a working week.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, sellers who are on the market now will capture that market.
9. You can still be on the market, and have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the Holidays.
10. You can sell now for potentially more money (due to decreased supply) and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year.
11. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market, and negotiate stronger (due to increased supply). This will allow you to sell high, but possibly buy lower.